Old 04-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Reel McKoi

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:21:23 -0600, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

## Wow! That is a lot! A man at a local Aquarium-Pond store in

Nashville
pays me $8.00 for anything nice in a 2 gallon pot with gravel over the

soil.

Wish I had some one like that. In the beginning I offered them to a local
place that was just beginning to do pond stuff. Their nursery person said
to the owner, "Those (pond plants) don't grow well here." Her experience
was some friends pond who must have had a black thumb and VERY black

fungus
colored thumb not to be able to grow pond plants. I went to another

nursery
and they told me, we only by certified health plants from people we trust.
I guess I must have had my T-shirt that said, "Loves insults." Needless to
say, I'm uncutting them, but I'd rather have one place to drop off and

have
instant cash, than deal with calls and drop bys.

## That's what I like about the place in Nashville. He takes everything I
have at the time. I don't have to make a bunch of drop-offs. He also buys
all my extra fish. I can take cash or he gives me credit for store items.
I usually take cash.

## Water celery? They have a plant here I've seen called water-celery

and
water-fern.

The only water celery I know is that one Kathy found a picture of just a
week or so ago. This looks fern-like, like azolla, but it all grows on the
rocks, and doesn't repel water off the surface like azolla, so it is

shiny.
I did a search on water-fern, but didn't come across a picture of what I
have. I may have to E Sunset and see if they know the name. ~ jan

## Oh, sorry, what you're describing is something altogether different.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...