Old 05-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Phisherman

Unless you use chlorine in your pond, you already have algae (plants)
growing there. Some plants can be invasive, but I've found selecting
dwarf or variegated types grow more slowly. You can add plants at any
time, although spring is best. I don't have any plant suggestions for
a fast moving water. I have elodea, parrot feather, dwarf rush,
variegated flag, lilies, hornwort, water hyacinth. I had cattails,
and had to remove them because they took over the entire pond, perhaps
I will try a dwarf variety.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:43:35 GMT, "99windstar"
wrote:

When is the best time to put plants in the pond? Never had plants in the
pond before so I haven't a clue. Also, what are some good plants for a fast
moving waterfall? I would like some plants on the waterfall ledges but the
water comes at a fast rate. Is the a good web site on how to establish a
water garden and planting advice?
BTW. I am in the Portland, Oregon area we've had vitually NO winter and are
experiencing a very early spring. The fish aren't coming out yet (2 koi, 1
goldfish, 1 comet) Thanks!!