Old 05-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Reel McKoi

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:07:09 -0600, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

I finally did it. I bought a black plastic oil pan at Wally World, added
some pretty mixed size pebbles and a small water pump, a few ceramic fogs
and VOILA! A pretty indoor tiny pond among the tropical plants in my
sunroom. Cost? About $15 with the pump.

Ponsai!!!! ) I use Peace Lily, variegated arrowhead (the house plant)

and
variegated heart leaf philodendron in mine, with anacharis around the
sponge filter.

Those oil pans are excellent for planting smaller lotus also. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

===============================
What a great name - PONSAI! ) Mine is too small for anything bigger
than a young arrowhead. The philodendron is an excellent idea. I thing
I'll snip a few bits from the velvet red one in the dining room - and put
them in it. And yes, a string of anacharis. I have loads of that stuff.
I think the ivy is a really neat idea.... the ferns around it have really
perked up. They love the extra humidity. So far no algae has grown in it.
The pebbles are as clean as the day I put them added them. It gets filtered
sun through a lace curtain and the plants.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...