Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Elaine T

Reel McKoi wrote:
"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...

That's when you need a nice, planted fishtank! *evil grin* I can
introduce you to the very, very dark side of winter boredom - planted
aquaria! It's deceptively easy - instead of a black oil pan, you pick
up a 10 gallon fishtank.

## I already have one in the sunroom and it's loaded with plants. We just
picked up some beautiful gold and red platties last Saturday for it. But it
just wasn't a .... pond! I have another 2 gallon tank with a blue betta
and some plants.

I have a 2 gallon planted betta tank too. Squishy (my betta) is red and
blue. I just switched the gravel to fluorite and put a 14W 5500K
compact flourescent in the hood so I can REALLY grow stuff in there.
I'd love a 70 gallon tank but can only keep small tanks in my house
because my landlady is afraid for the carpeting if a big tank breaks.
So instead, I've started building the 3 tiered half-barrel pond. :-)

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__