Old 05-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Lar

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 04:34:24 GMT, "hello"
wrote:

in my flower gardens around my house, I have an abundance of lizards and
geckos. I have noticed that I have carpenter ants crawling up my house. how
do I rid the ants and keeps the rest of the desirable creatures.

If you were to regularly treat around the perimeter of your home, you
would see no change in your gecko and lizard population, though that
sort of treatment probably wouldn't stop your ants. Be sure they are
carp ants. There are a number of ants that will have similar habits of
carp ants so there may be a different tactic for what might be done
for carp ants. The easiest process to do on your own would be to find
at a pest control supply house, or over the web, either Advance Carp
Ant Bait or Maxforce Carp Ant gel. For the most part carp ants won't
feed on bait, but since these two came on the market I have yet to
hear of them not working. The baits would be a more selective way of
treatment without bothering other insects/ animals. You might try
making your own boric acid or borax type bait and if they accept it
then it should help. If you hired a pro they would have the proper
tools to inject products into the nest itself if found and not have to
treat elsewhere. Also, there is now a treatment, it would once again
have to be applied by a pro, that is used around the foundation and
where ants are trailing, that will keep all species of ants out of the
home for up to a year. Make sure all tree limbs and hedges are not
touching the house. It really makes a difference on ant activity seen
on the home. Make sure you don't have water damaged wood that they
can be nesting in. Depending on what part of the country you are in,
the ants can be more of a nuscience that an actual worry to the
structure, uless you are trying to refinance or sell the home though,
they would have to be treated.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv