Old 05-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Reel McKoi

"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...
Reel McKoi wrote:

## I already have one in the sunroom and it's loaded with plants. We

just
picked up some beautiful gold and red platties last Saturday for it.

But it
just wasn't a .... pond! I have another 2 gallon tank with a blue

betta
and some plants.

I have a 2 gallon planted betta tank too. Squishy (my betta) is red and
blue. I just switched the gravel to fluorite and put a 14W 5500K
compact flourescent in the hood so I can REALLY grow stuff in there.
I'd love a 70 gallon tank but can only keep small tanks in my house
because my landlady is afraid for the carpeting if a big tank breaks.
So instead, I've started building the 3 tiered half-barrel pond. :-)

Where are the 1/2 barrels? Outside? I can understand about her concern. I
had a 29 gallon split down the side back in the 1970s. The water ran down
through the ceiling and walls. It was a mess but we owned the house....

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...