Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:34:24 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from lid (Rodger Whitlock) contains these words:

Some remarks: this is my mother's recipe, slightly modified to use
less sugar; it originated in a 1930 cookbook, "Good Housekeeping
Recipes Tested and Approved."

Sob...my 1960's copy was used so much its spine disintegrated and
the pages kept falling out, so I threw it away, but still miss it.

Hie ye to Alibris or ABEBooks.

Can you not get canned pumpkin in the UK?

I don't think so, certainly I've never seen it. So I only make
pumpkin pie when they are in season.

But pumpkins are much like good winter squash, and are therefore in
season five or six months a year. [Maybe. Now that I think about it, I
realize that I don't really know if pumpkins keep as well as, say,
those Ambercup squash I was raving about. Do they?]

BTW, I just baked the last two Ambercups on Wednesday and have the
processed flesh in the fridge pending further ingredientisation.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada