Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Kathryn Burlingham

Anonny Moose wrote:

I have a low hedge of Daphne odora growing along the north side of my house.
It's blooming right now (I'm north of you on Sauvie Island) and the scent is
fabulous. Not exactly the colors you wanted, but it is an attractive plant
all year and low maintenance, too.

I've thought about daphne, but I'm a bit concerned about the ant issue,
especially if I grow a whole hedge. I'm looking to fill 4 beds about 3 x
8 ft each. Do you get ants all over yours? A friend of mine who lives
not too far away loves her daphne, but she does get lots of ants.

I may just have to have someone come help me design mixed beds.