Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:52:18 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

I envy you!

Question. Do I need grow lights in the greenhouse? My first guess is
that there is plenty of light for starting seedlings. I am wondering
about keeping some plants going during the winter, especially tomatoes
and herbs. I do love the watering wand.

I would think lights would be a good idea in winter. Winter days
are shorter, and the sunlight is less intense. Maybe have them
come on early, say 7-ish, and go off around 9 when the sun is
fully up. then they could come on again around 4 when the light
starts to fade. Most of the cheap light timers have two settings
on them now.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"