Old 06-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Dwayne

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:00:21 GMT, "Dwayne" wrote:

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message

Note that the recipe calls for canned pumpkin. No North American in
his right mind bothers with processing his own pumpkin; it's way too
much work,

Please dont tell everyone that. I raise them and my wife cooks them the
way
she wants them. That way we control the salt and other preservatives we
eat
rather than buying it.

Canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie filling, which is pre-sweetened
and -spiced goop no self-respecting pumpkin pie lover would touch with
a ten-foot pole) doesn't have preservatives or salt or anything else
in it. Like a lot of canned vegetables, it's very pure.

Hi Rodger. I just looked at 3 cans of pumpkin(made by 3 different
companies) of pumpkin on the shelf in a store. They all say that that the
can contains "Pumpkin" or "Prepared Pumpkin", and they all include recipes
for making pumpkin pies.

They all say that they have added no preservatives. However one serving
size on one can lists 5 mg of sodium, the other two say 0 mg of socium
(sodium is a perservative). They all say one serving has 9 to 10
carbohydrates and they all say 4 g of sugar per serving (that could be the
natural sugar in the pumpkin, rather than added sugar). I guess it all
depends on who you buy it from, whether you find sodium in your canned
pumpkin or not.

If you would care to share your recipe Iam sure of the people who you said
werent in their right mind would love to have it.

Dwayne

--

Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada