Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 AM
mich

"jay jay" wrote in message

McCready Wrote:
What happened to Chris Beardshaw?

Monty hasn't mentioned why he's disappeared.

And Sarah Raven wasn't there either... well, at least the dreaded A T
hasn't arrived (yet)

I wish the dreaded AT would arrive actually! He is still hard to beat.
This is no comment against Monty Don but most other presenters could take a
tip ftom AT. He speaks clearly and although he has an accent it doesnt get
in the way of his clear received Englsih which is accessible to all of us no
matter where we are viewing.

AT has personality. Monty Don needs to get a bit more forceful, he is being
drowned out by his team. Teams need leaders. Presenters need good
personailites. None of the present bunch ave got - well " presence" ( AT has
it in bucket loads!)

Laisse fairre and democracies do not work well in such situations. I
preferred the " one man style" of the old programming ( even pre AT)
personally.

As for carol klein , she is certainly knowledgeable but her accent gets me
and I am having difficulty tuning into it. I find it " harsh" . I
preferred sarah raven.

OK , so I am picky.
Rant over.