Old 06-03-2005, 10:17 AM
travena travena is offline
Registered User

there are Manure Degrader, which helps to release the nutritiuns to the plant much quicker,
normaly you need up to 18 months to decompose dung or manure.
with the help of microorganismen you can achieve this in 30 days, this is done on a natural way, if you need more info pls contact me.

Josef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil L
I have just been and got three large sacks of horse manure from the farm
(there is a plentiful and free supply!)...anyway, two of the bags it's only
partially rotted - there is a little bit of fresh stuff in it. the last bag
was filled with the stuff from the bottom and it had been there for decades!
This bag has no visible straw, bedding, 'balls' of manure or any differing
colours, it is just pure black and clean - no roots or any other visible
'impurities', with the appearance of expensive compost!
I intend to spread some on the flowerbeds now while I'm digging them over
and to allow the impending frost to do it's thing, my idea is to use the
partially rotted manure in the beds but...
My question is this; can i use some of it for my hanging baskets and other
planters in May or is it too rich? - I've heard it will burn the young
plants? - will it not burn the seedlings in the beds if this is the case?
Is there a difference in the extremely well rotted stuff and the newer
stuff?

TIA

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/