Old 06-03-2005, 01:50 PM
cat daddy

"escape" wrote in message
You may find some of the dwarf bamboo useful for this situation. I

understand
this is a psychiatric situation, but the health issues far surpass your

verve to
find plants to sustain this most unhealthy habit.

You can also use tremendous amounts of carbonated charcoal in the soil to

absorb
the potential urea saturation. This is really not a problem for gardening
newsgroups.

Also, you are sending email from the UK. I didn't know the UK was in

Texas.

V., Gardenbanter is a UK "web interface to the popular gardening series
of newsgroups" with access to austin.gardening.

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:45:23 +0000, sleavenson3
opined:

I am the activity director at a nursing home that specializes in
psychiatric patients and we want to start a garden. The trouble is,
alot of them urinate whenever and wherever the want, including the
garden. I plan to keep most of the plant up high, but is there anything
I could plant in the ground or planters that might resist the high
concentrations of ammonia? Also, given my black thumb what are good,
tenacious outdoor plants. We are located in San Antonio. Any help would
be appreciated.