Old 06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Steve Calvin

David wrote:

I don't disagree with you, Steve. The problem that I have is that
neither major party speaks much about the issues of importance to me.
I've been voting since the 1980 election (and in every election since)
and have never voted Republican or Democrat for president.

Our mass media is so complicit with the current set up that no voice
from outside the narrow band covered by the two parties could ever
possibly get itself heard. Our political spectrum in the US is so narrow
it's ridiculous (and we will pay for it, eventually). Some single
parties in Europe are as politically diverse as our entire government.

Boy, no arguement with ya there! I think that it's time for the masses
to stand up and take the country back from these idiots. Problem is,
people are so complacent that it will probably never happen. Especially
when voting has come down to "ok, who do I dislike the least" for a a
large percentage of the population. :-(

--
Steve