Old 06-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Elaine T

Default Repotting marginals

I hope I potted my marginals right today. I was at Lowe's and they had
some of the plants I wanted but not set up for aquatic gardening. I got
Umbrella plant, Low Bulrush or Fiber Optics Grass (Scirpus cernuus), and
Acorus. They were potted in a mixture of soil, wood chips and perlite.
The Acorus even had some gravel in with its roots. I took them out of
their pots, rinsed the roots as clean as I could, and repotted in
baskets with some Fluorite I have around. I know something like kitty
litter is fine - I just needed to use up the Flourite. Then I pushed a
piece of a Beckett Plant Plus tablet down into the Flourite, depending
on the size of the pot, and put them in the water on shelves.

Did I do this right, or could they have gone into the pond as-is? I was
afraid the wood and potting soil would rot in the pond if I didn't get
most of it out of the roots.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__