Old 06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:52:47 GMT, "Grubber"
wrote: (snipped artfully)

.. We still let top-posting New Yorkers use the NG.

Going off topic, I have often wondered why people bottom post and
especially bottom post while copying all previous posts to the
thread. It forces me to scroll down through all this text to find the
thoughtful insights contained in the response.

There is a legal oriented group I participate in and there are two or
three other participants out of several dozen and they do this even if
the thread goes 10 or more levels deep. Thus you get:

Joe said.
Bill responds to Joe.
Joe cusses back at Bill

and on and on for a dozen screen views of more. Is this some kind of
etiquette thing? Seems rude to me not to compose your response to be
as to the point as possible.

As to the original question, beyond plant selection, planting in raised beds
using soil with very good drainage would allow you to regularly spray down
the affected plants and 'flush' excess urea out of the soil.

I agree with that conclusion. The beds would almost have to be high
enough to qualify as planter boxes - if there is some reason to
distinguish here. And staying with herbs could expose these folks to
a little aromatherapy.

Rusty Mase