Old 06-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Bill Landers

"oleblue" wrote in message
news:kxJWd.663$Qz.436@okepread05...
Does anyone have some plans for a small greenhouse to build that they
would share? It would be nice to see.

If you haven't already seen this, I would recommend the Ortho Greenhouse
book. There are plans in the book for 4 or 5 different wood-framed
greenhouses that don't appear to be too overly difficult to construct, and
the book is not that expensive.

A greenhouse kit would run you around $1200-1500 for an 9x12, shipping not
included. FarmTek lists a Backyard Hobby Greenhouse 9x12 for $1395- this is
with twinwall polycarbonate.
http://www.FarmTek.com
You can also check Charley's Greenhouse and Garden
http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com
Janco Greenhouses
http://www.jancoinc.com
Santa Barbara Greenhouses
http://www.sbgreenhouse.com
Sturdi-Built Greenhouses
http://www.sturdi-built.com
I would also echo what myrmecodia said, and consider building new versus
second-hand. The twinwall from a second-hand greenhouse may be beginning to
cloud up, thus decreasing light transmission. Finally, you could check with
a horticultural supply house that services garden centers and nurseries in
your area. You could put up a quonset-style hoop house quite inexpensively,
and cover the house with sheet plastic, which can last anywhere from 1-4
years, depending on the film used. However, if you live in an area with a
heavy snowload, I would recommend getting a peaked-roof greenhouse rather
than a quonset-style. Ask you local garden center who their supplier is,
and start saving up your pennies g.
Bill Landers