Old 06-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Anne Lurie

A follow-up to my earlier answer:

"Froogle" for compost bin to get an idea what bins are available!
http://froogle.google.com/ (Froogle is Google's online shopping area.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

Hey, I'm planting lettuce tomorrow!

"DonS" wrote in message
om...
Hi. My existing compost "bin" has died, and I am in search of something
replace it. It was the basic 4 pallets on end, and they have rotted.

I went by Lowe's, HD and Wal-Mart, but none had a compost bin. I thought
remember seeing one of the black plastic ones at Lowe's last year, but the
guy there swears they never carried them.

The Town of Cary web site suggests using trash cans. It said to drill
holes in the sides and bottom, and keep covered with the lid. It sounds
like
a good idea, as you could just roll the trash can to mix the contents.

I would appreciate input on what has worked best.

Thanx....don