Old 06-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Sacha

On 6/3/05 21:42, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Kay wrote:
In article , JennyC

writes
Did you notice Racheal whatsits nails ? How can she call herself a
gardener with fangs like that ?

What really irritated me was the sequence of closeups of alpines

each
focused on R de T's face just behind the pot.

Infuriating. But telly people think we're really interested only in
people. I hope Monty went back and covered up that raspberry root he
left exposed.

Mike.

I can tell you from personal experience that you cannot 'tell' telly people
anything. A couple of years ago a series was shot for one of the sky type
channels and we were in it. The man heading it knew his stuff, his plants,
garden design etc. and was good. I made one plea - "show the names of the
plants when they appear on screen". He told us that he had absolutely no
control over that but it was up to the producers/editors in the studio. I
rest my baggage!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk