Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
doug

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"jim" wrote in message
is it possible to grow tomato plants from seeds taken directly from

a tin of
peeled plum tomatoes?

I doubt if the seeds would live through being immersed in a vat of
boiling tomatoes

Franz

********
Quite so!.
Put crudely, - examine any seed. That seed has a little bit of it that
starts to germinate when the right season and the right conditions arrive.
I cannot see that vulnerable "little bit" surviving boiling heat.
Yet, - (second thoughts!), what about those plants that survive vast fires
every year!.
I suppose their condition is different, - those plants have a root mass
underneath them and probably don't need seeds. Or am I talking haywire?.
Doug.

********