Old 04-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Katra

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

It will be interesting to see how my tomatoes especially do this year.
I am trying "Sun Leaper" this year. I bought some last year at the
farmers market and they were very good. Fairly thick flesh and kept
well.

Exciting isn't it? :-)

Don't forget to share pictures!!!

I will as soon as my husband finished connecting all of the electrical
stuff and I get the trash out. I consider dirt on the floor to be a
normal condition.

Question. Do I need grow lights in the greenhouse? My first guess is
that there is plenty of light for starting seedlings. I am wondering
about keeping some plants going during the winter, especially tomatoes
and herbs. I do love the watering wand.

Me too. :-) Handy thing whey you have a lot of pots!

I keep lights in the winter, but mostly to keep the temps above freezing.

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada