Old 07-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

[quote=Alan Gabriel]"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
I would like opinions on whether an application of sulphur will turn soil

acidic or not. Does it work and are their any side effects?

Don't wate your time or money. If you try to fight against nature - nature
will win every time.

Grow thing that thrive in your soil. If you want to grow acid lovers, plant
them in containers with the approprite soil.

--
Regards,
Alan.

The garden is surrounded by mature, deciduous trees and has quite a "woodland" feel to it. I would love to be able to plant out some of our Acer palmatum which are growing in pots, but I don't think I'll be able to do so for a few years. If there's any chance that adding sulphur will help, then I'm tempted to try it on at least a small area.

I curse those builders.