Old 07-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Sacha

On 7/3/05 13:56, in article , "Stan The Man"
wrote:

snip

I think she has a very gentle, sexy voice - and sexy smiley eyes. Of
secondary concern, she is a top plantswoman. She can also be very, very
funny. Nothing against Sarah Raven (queen of grunge), who I like for
different reasons but Carol Klein's recruitment to GW is long overdue.

Joe Swift is welcome too. His cheeky chappy cheeriness makes up for the
humour void built up by Monty, Rachel and Chris Beardshaw. I expect the
producers wanted to inject a greater variety of pace and style and I
think the new team will serve them well. I do detest Monty though and
his horticultural shortcomings must be embarrassing for the producers
at times. Give me AT any day. Another I would like to see in there is
James Alexander Sinclair (the hat man) but he probably sounds too 'BBC'
for them. Very entertaining and knowledgeable presenter though.

Stan

Carol Klein certainly does know her stuff but the hat man and Joe Swift
grate on my nerves like fingernails on a blackboard. The hat irritates me
as 'gimmicky' and I can't get past that. I like Monty Don's style of
presentation and don't dislike Chris Beardshaw but do find him a bit bland,
somehow. His personality doesn't seem to come across on telly but there's
nothing irritating or annoying about him.
Carol's garden and nursery are small but worth a visit if in that area.
It's v. hard to find, though and I believe someone else from here visited
more recently than we did, so will have better directions, probably.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)