Old 08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Kirk

"Timothy" wrote
My service
guy said that in the past 5 years 80% of their warranty work was on Deere.

It seems that Deere is racing to the bottom when it comes to the
commercial market. They figure that the consumer market holds alot more
profit and their production costs are much less.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

We bought a Deere 280 skid steer last year, the largest skid Deere
manufactured at that time. Been in the shop more than it's been worked. A
lot of power, but the engineering is absolutely terrible. You have to move
hydraulic lines in order to get to the grease fittings. I would expect a
better machine for 30+K. We run 2 Gehl skid steers which put the Deere to
shame. We also bought a 4x4 Deere Gator at the same time we bought the 280,
it's a pitiful machine.