Old 08-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Richard Sexton

In article . com,
spiral_72 wrote:
Not to be difficult but, dosing nitrates to from 0 to 10ppm didn't seem
to help me at all, although your situation may be different and it did
rule out one possibility. I don't know what the critical level is so I
don't want to go any higher than that 10 ppm for fear of poisioning the
fish. Also, my common pleco doesn't touch the BGA. Other types of
plecos may, I dunno. I haven't heard of any fish that actually eat the
stuff.
I'm not sure if that helped any. It doesn't seem killing BGA is really
a problem. Keeping it from growing again seems to be the challenge.

If you dosed to 10ppm what do they measure at 1, 2, 5 days after?

Have you tried changing LOTS of water every day.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org