Old 07-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Brian Watson

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:
Noticed these at a garden centre today; peaches, nectarines, plums.

Are they new this year or has anyone here had any experience with any
of them?

We've had a potted plum for about four years. I have seen nectarine and
peach trees but I doubt they're hardy enough to survive our climate
without being grown under glass (even a conservatory would do).

Yes, some of the varieties being offered did suggest a period in a
greenhouse or similar in the harshest part of the winter.

Bearing in mind how small they are, I thought this wouldn't be too much of a
hardship.

Had any fruit yet?

--
Brian