Old 07-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Kay

In article , Alex Woodward
writes

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Alex Woodward
writes
I've just had a look at the roots of one and I've spotted what looks like
small yellow shell like eggs in the roots system. When crushed there is a
whitish substance inside. They are no bigger than 1mm in diameter, may

Slow release fertiliser pellets?

I have absolutely no idea, if they are I certainly did not feed them. Having
said that, when I initially planted them last year I gave them a small dose
of 'growmore' and are small white solid grains.

Many growers use fertiliser with slow release food pellets added. If
they were in the soil when you planted them out, then they would be in
amongst the roots now. They fit the description. I think that's a lot
more likely than earwig eggs. And they're most certainly not snail or
slug eggs.

--
Kay