Old 07-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Sacha

On 7/3/05 19:48, in article , "Alex
Woodward" wrote:

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Alex Woodward
writes
I've just had a look at the roots of one and I've spotted what looks like
small yellow shell like eggs in the roots system. When crushed there is a
whitish substance inside. They are no bigger than 1mm in diameter, may

Slow release fertiliser pellets?

I have absolutely no idea, if they are I certainly did not feed them. Having
said that, when I initially planted them last year I gave them a small dose
of 'growmore' and are small white solid grains.

I think that Kay is correct and that these are the slow release fertiliser
pellets many nurseries use. It's mixed in with the compost and a lot of
people think they're something sinister rather than something helpful. But
if you're still worried, why don't you take one of the pellets back to the
place you bought the plants from and check with them?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk