Old 08-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Brian Watson wrote:
"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:
Noticed these at a garden centre today; peaches, nectarines, plums.

Are they new this year or has anyone here had any experience with
any of them?

We've had a potted plum for about four years. I have seen nectarine
and peach trees but I doubt they're hardy enough to survive our
climate without being grown under glass (even a conservatory would
do).

Yes, some of the varieties being offered did suggest a period in a
greenhouse or similar in the harshest part of the winter.

Bearing in mind how small they are, I thought this wouldn't be too
much of a hardship.

Had any fruit yet?

We only have a plum and it's always been a good fruiter (if the wasps will
allow us to have any). Managed to salvage about 6lbs last year.
on salads.