Old 08-03-2005, 02:20 AM
S Orth

First, how old are you trees? If they aren't mature enough -- usually @ 3 -
4 years -- they won't bear fruit. However, since you mention apple trees
along with the stone fruits, I'm thinking you either have more than one
problem going on or that having no fruit on different types of plants is
caused by something like spraying for insects in spring when the trees are
ready to be pollinated and the bees are being killed.

Do you see fruit start to form on any of your trees? If not, something is
likely going on to prevent pollination. See insecticide spraying above.

If none of this gets you closer to getting an idea of why you're not getting
fruit, give your County Extension a call. Here's a link to Extension
offices by state: http://www.scottsprohort.com/grower_solutions/links.cfm

Good luck. Hope this helps!

Suzy O
Milwaukee, WI

"Mike Sousa" wrote in message
Howdy,

I'm having difficulty getting my stone fruit trees to bear some fruit at
harvest time. Did some research and it appears that Brown Rot and Curled
Leaf are two diseases that just won't go away. I have peach, nectarine,
plum, cherry & apple trees. I live in New England.

Was hoping one of you kind folks would share some wisdom so that I can at
least see what a home grown plum tastes like.

Thanks,
-- Mike