Old 08-03-2005, 02:42 AM
Warren

greetings,

our landscape architect has picked the following trees to use
in/around
our patio/pool area. would appreciate any comments...

1) 3 betula nigra 'duraheat' (river birch)
2) 1 magnolia butterflies
3) 3 lagerstoemia indica 'dynamite' (crape myrtle)
4) 1 acer pal. diss. 'ever red' (laceleaf japanese maple)
5) 2 ilex x. 'mary nell' (holly 'mary nell')

i'm a bit concerned about size of a few of the trees. the manolia
will
be w/in 4 ft from our 2nd story deck. 1 of the birches will be w/in
8-10 ft from the deck.

thoughts?

None of them would be good choices if you live near the artic circle, or
at the equator. Without knowing something about where you might fall
between those extremes, it's hard to offer much useful comment.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Clean-up your yard this spring with Black and Decker tools:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html