Old 08-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Elaine T

ClaudCar wrote:
it is called Algae Fix - I buy mine at http://tinyurl.com/3m3gv
and if you have anything over 100 gals, I personally would recommend buying
the 64 ozs.

I believe AlgaeFix is Simazine. I'm not a ponder but I know it well
from aquaria. Simazine is strong herbicide and can do unexpected things
to plants as well as algae. Aquarists are generally advised to avoid it
because of its toxicity and unpredictability.

Simazine is EPA regulated because it's toxic to humans and can end up in
the groundwater. http://www.epa.gov/safewater/dwh/c-soc/simazine.html

I'm new to ponding, but there's got to be a better solution than that.
Is this one of the algaes that barley straw helps with?

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__