Old 08-03-2005, 07:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Gary, Last year some folks found Koi Clay or just ground up pure clay kitty
litter got rid of their SA. The only problem is you must remove it, if SA
breaks down in pond you'll just get more, or worst suspended (pea soup)
algae. IMO, it is better to let SA run it's course and rake out the worst.
~ jan

On 7 Mar 2005 18:13:05 -0800, "Gary" wrote:

I have significant string algae from about now up until the time the
water lily leaves and other aquatic plants develop enough to shade the
pond. In the past, I've just hauled it out by hand. Today I was
talking to someone at a garden center who said she just learned of a
product recently available that you can sprinkle on the pond surface to
eliminate/reduce string algae. Apparently it does not harm other
plants, fish, etc. She could not recall the name of the product. Does
anyone know to what she might have been referring?
Thanks,
Gary

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~