Old 08-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Sacha wrote:
On 7/3/05 22:42, in article ,
"Kay" wrote:

A late start because of the snow ... but we have 7 frogs in the front
pond and 37 in the back.

We had quite a few out the other night and when it rained a few weeks
ago there was a dozen or so heading for the fish pond. But while
we've been away it's been dry and cold so there's been little to
encourage them. As the barometer is rising I'm wondering what will
happen to this year's stocks if it remains dry.

We used to have frogs, but then the local heron decided that he wanted a
change from fish. Haven't had any for about four years now (though I'm still
optimistic they'll return). We do, however, have at least two common newts.
on salads.