Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
spiral_72

I have added some plants just for that reason. Actually, they look
really good! When I get paid this week I hope to add a couple more. I
guess I need to update the pic though.

Wow, Elaine... Those are some really nice tanks! I especially like the
lighting you have. Please let me know how the nitrates work and what
your phosphates are.
My nitrates do drop about 2 points after a couple days. I originally
assumed the plants were absorbing it, but I'm not so sure. If I let the
tank alone the nitrates will drop close to zero again after about
ummmm, 7 days. As far as I know the only two things to rid your water
of nitrates is, new water, or plants.
Anyways, I'm not gonna dominate someone else's post with my problems
again..... I'll be silent. Good luck!
my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html