Old 08-03-2005, 12:31 PM
David J Bockman

All great choices for our area, all great cultivars as well. Duraheat is a
fantastic variety which you will love.

That's a tad close for the magnolia, although it's a dainty tree and will
take a long time to encroach. It's amendable to pruning, however.

The dissectum Japanese Maple is a tad cliched in our area now. (overused,
ubiquitous).

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

wrote in message
oups.com...
greetings,

our landscape architect has picked the following trees to use in/around
our patio/pool area. would appreciate any comments...

1) 3 betula nigra 'duraheat' (river birch)
2) 1 magnolia butterflies
3) 3 lagerstoemia indica 'dynamite' (crape myrtle)
4) 1 acer pal. diss. 'ever red' (laceleaf japanese maple)
5) 2 ilex x. 'mary nell' (holly 'mary nell')

i'm a bit concerned about size of a few of the trees. the manolia will
be w/in 4 ft from our 2nd story deck. 1 of the birches will be w/in
8-10 ft from the deck.

thoughts?

thanks.