Old 08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Rogerx

Default %!!%-#WHAT'S UP WITH PACKAGED SEEDS!!!!

Many years ago, if you ordered a package of seed, you got enough to
plant a 100 ft row. Then they began selling by the ounce 1, 1/2,
1/4oz and etc. Then by the Gram (which most of us never understood)
and NOW!! it is by the "offering" (sounds religious to me).

I got my seeds from Burges and was shocked to find my watermelon had 6
seed in the package, the Cantaloupe (1 pkg had 6 and one had 7).
Cucumbers had 7(plus 1 not developed seed).

I bought a package of seedless watermelons at a local discount
store,it had 7 seeds.

I don't know why I am posting this, except I need to vent my anger,
and let people know it was not always a ripoff. QUESTION? Are their
seed companies that sell by something other than "Offers"?

Also, let't talk about Heirloom seed, (saving your own). Where is a
good source?

Have a good day! (Soy) Rogerx