Old 08-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Gary Woods

Rogerx wrote:

Also, let't talk about Heirloom seed, (saving your own). Where is a
good source?

Most people don't use anywhere near a full packet of seeds, and the
marketing weasels have figured this out. Also, hybrid is expensive to
produce, so they're enhancing profits by charging more and giving you less.

Forgive the American bias (I can't help it; I was born with it): There are
a lot of good resources on seed saving. Look at the web site for the Seed
Savers Exchange: www.seedsavers.org
U.S. based, but international membership.
There are a number of good books on saving seeds. My favorite is "Seed to
Seed" by Suzanne Ashworth. Widely and reasonably available new and used.
There are all kinds of online swap groups; one is Yahoo Groups seed
exchange group. Again, mostly U.S., but members all over.
I'm sure other resources will pop up here.