Old 08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Bob Walsh

Larry,

I don't know. It is a recipe from someone else and it seems to work for me.
There is another recipe that includes vegtable oil but I seem to recall some
stickiness from the oir over time. The addition of the oil was to smother
the bugs the alcohol didn't get. That one may be on Ray's website along with
other great tips.

Bob

"Larry" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the advice. Is there anything in the orange power 409 that
makes it special?

Larry

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
Larry,

I don't believe that neem kills bugs (I may be wrong) but it does inhibit
the growth of the young so they can't multiply.

You can use a mix of 1 pint isopropyl alcohol and one pint orange power
409 with enough water to fill a gallon container and spray the plants
when ever you see bugs.

The 409 loosens the waxy protection the bugs have and the alcohol kills
them. Mealies, scale, and spider mites are susceptable.

Bob