Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Rob Halgren

jadel wrote:
Ray wrote:

The most effective treatment I've seen is Enstar II. Period!

And without a doubt,the most expensive---$100/5oz. Exclamation point!

J. Del Col

Oh, I have some. Cheaper than having scale, I'd wager. And it is
cheaper now than when I bought it... Mine is pretty old (4 years
maybe?). Don't know if it is still any good. Worked great on mealybugs
when I was growing under lights. Haven't tried it in the greenhouse
yet. So, Ray, how many sprayings of Enstar II and what concentration?
I don't recall it being systemic, so do you do a drench of the potting
material as well?

On the advice of the bug company, I'm going to try green lace-wings on
my orchids. The adults don't eat much of anything except pollen and
nectar, but the little baby lace-wings are voracious. They mainly eat
aphids (I have seen a few, not many), but also anything else that they
come across. Not terribly expensive. And, since the larvae don't fly,
they stick around longer than ladybugs.

Rob

2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit

LittlefrogFarm - Growing the plants Rob likes. )