Old 08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
SusieThompson

Default Asparagus crowns

We're considering planting a new asparagus bed. We're not sure about
what size/age crowns to purchase. Joy Larkcom says, amongst other
suggestions, that young asparagus plants grown in modules take no
longer to develop than one year old crowns. The module grown plants can
be planted out as late as June and are often cheaper than the crowns.
We've Googled, etc, and can find no trace of the modules. Were they an
idea which never worked commercially? Can anybody help, please?

Back in circulation after nearly three years without our own garden.
We're now happily planning our new garden around our new home :-))

Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
--
Susie Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to