Old 08-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Aaron Hicks

Rob:

There's an IPM trick with lacewings, IIRC. You grow a bucket of...
wheat, I think it is, along with a strain of aphids that live on nothing
but wheat. The lacewings eat the aphids, the aphids continue to multiply,
and there is a constant supply of lacewings in the greenhouse.

Then, when you DO have problems with aphids on the plants of
higher value, there is an established population of lacewings in the
greenhouse.

I forget the specifics, but I remember those suggestions quite
clearly.

The address in the header is bogus. Send no email there.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ