Old 08-03-2005, 11:35 PM
keith ;-\)

Rob ,what about a isolation greenhouse:-) or maybe change Robs rules 1, 2 &
2a! :-(

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
keith ;-) wrote:
http://www.pbi.co.uk/provado/ultimatebugkiller/ Ultimate bug killer is
excellent & controls most pests,I don't know if it is available in
Europe/USA. A friend had scale insect really bad last year he used this

on
his orchids and is now clear.Respected society members also recommend
this.In a large orchid collection I cant see many things working unless

each
plant is treated.I can see why you are looking for biological control

Rob as
spraying/treating all your plants is so time consuming.One downfall of
having a large collection!
Mind you if the problem is picked up at a early stage it could possibly

be
treated & kept isolated?

http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/imidaclo.htm

imidocloprid is the active ingredient in the product you list. Nice of
them to tell us what the active ingredient is. We can get that here in
the US under a few different names, including Marathon. According to
the sheet, it interferes with neurotransmitters. Looks reasonably safe
to use, although not completely benign.

Interesting...

The only problem with my collection is that well over half of it wasn't
mine until last year. So, when you get 3000 plants or so, it is
difficult to isolate the entire lot... *grin* But I fully agree, if you
catch any problem early it is a heck of a lot easier to handle than
catching it late.

Rob

2a) See rule 1
orchids, obtain more credit

LittlefrogFarm - Growing the plants Rob likes. )