Old 09-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 02:52:24 GMT, "Dwayne" wrote:

I saw that recipe, but it included salt which is considered to be a
preservative. I thought he may have had another recipe that he had not
posted, because in a later post he stated that canned pumpkin doesnt have
preservatives or salt or anything else in it.

The salt in that recipe is a flavor enhancer, not a preservative.
That's why a small amount of salt is called for by many recipes.

Salt can act as a preservative, for example in pickles, but the
quantities involved are much greater.

Remember: a lot more of a good thing isn't necessarily better; and a
lot less of a bad thing might be just dandy.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, BC, Canada