Old 09-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Face the facts, babe.

You're really not living in the real world at all if you haven't a clue
what's been going on in the real world all along.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. You wouldn't last five minutes where
the buffallo roam.

If ever read the newspapers and saw Doonesbury in the funny pages, you would
have seen Hunter S. Thompson portrayed as the character "Duke".

With your attitude you would never win Ben Stein's money!!!!

Maybe you are a different story once the drugs finally kick in?!!!!!

"escape" wrote in message
Oh, I prefer conventional reality to lead me to ultimate reality, so while
have not read one Hunter Thompson book, my husband has every one and read
some
of them more than once.

The point here is, how does one live in the real world and not know who
this
person is. I can see by your answer that you live in the clouds, which is
okay
too, but to call something "muck" based on the title is a bit ignorant.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:54:56 -0800, "Starlord"
opined:

with book titles like that, it's no wonder I've not heard of him, they all
sound very depressing and I'd rather sail amoung the Stars and Planets
than
be depressed. Would rather read sci-fi about the Dragon Riders of Pern
than
wading through some muck.

Thanks, but No Thanks.

"escape" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:52:21 -0800, "Starlord" This does not include
the

countless articles, essays and other sundries he's
responsible for. If you haven't heard of these books, you indeed may be

bit
too sheltered in life. In the words of the late great Moe Howard,
"spread

out."

A list of Hunter Thompson Best Selling works:

# "Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga" (1966)