Old 10-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default gallons per fish

John's correct, but you can increase the number if you have excellent water
parameters and over-filtration. Gotta keep an eye on it, but it can be done.
It seems that as soon as you have enough fish in your pond to make it look
nice, it's too many. And (they forgot to tell me this, too!), if you don't
kill them, they GROW. and BREED. Keep your water squeeky clean.

Lee

"bk" wrote in message
I've seen the ratio of 100 gallons per Koi.

We;; Koi come in many sizes. Is this for a six inch or 16" fish.

Currently I have about six Fantails three 4" comets and 3 4-6" koi in a

1200
gallon pond.

I want to find a new home for the comets and get a couple of larger koi
(6-8")

any advise??