Old 09-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Chris Hogg

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:25:26 GMT, "peterlsutton"
wrote:

Looking out onto the garden I see that the Lesser Celandine is off and
running again. I keep trying to get rid of it, but it is an impossible
task.

Does it occur everywhere in the country, or is it trying to tell me
something about my garden conditions? Does it actually do any harm, will it
smother other plants? or could I just ignore it?

Seems to like cool, moist shade. I dig it out wherever I see it. The
trouble is it's got brittle fleshy roots, and if the tiniest bit
breaks off, it seems to re-grow. Persistent hand weeding has got rid
of it from most places in my garden. I never give it a chance to be
harmful or invasive, so can't answer your last query.

--
Chris