Old 09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Jiri Borsky

Default plum recommendations

wrote:

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a plum tree (in another post I posted about
problems with a peach tree, so I may have second thoughts!).

Which varieties do you recommend? I have done some research that
seemed to recommend Marjorie's seedling as it can be used for desert
and culinary uses. I guess I am mainly interested in something that I
can eat straight off the tree, but the potential for culinary use
would be useful (anyone got any recipes, plum sauce to accompany duck
perhaps?)

Thanks for your help.

I have both Marjorie's Seedling and Victoria in my garden (Midlands).
MS begins to ripen just as V is tailing off.

Some years, depending on weather, MS produced somewhat insipid fruit.
If I had room for just one tree, it would be Victoria.

Jiri Borsky