Old 09-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Lurker

This is interesting. I never thought of trying to find a supplier of
annealed copper wire.
I just go to the local hardware store and buy a length of solid copper
wire, preferably without
insulation. If I have to get insulated, I just strip off the insulation.
Then I
coil the wire up and put it on the stove burned until it glows red. Tghen
I let it cool
slowly and I have annealed wire. Once you anneal it, when you bend it, it
will harden up nicely.

TK

On 9 Mar 2005 09:56:21 -0800, Carol wrote:

Hello All,

Some time ago, back in 2003, there was a brief discussion on this List
about a source for annealed copper wire. I prefer copper wire over
aluminum because it seems to hold better. Has anyone had any experience
with the company called Parawire? Their web address is
www.parawire.com. They sell *soft bare copper wire*. I'm not sure
whether soft bare copper wire will be satisfactory especially rin the
larger diameter wire sizes. Any feedback will be appreciated.

With thanks,

Carol Schroeder
Maryland, Zone 6/7

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

http://www.opera.com/m2/