Old 09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , CK
writes
Hi.

I am considering to persuade my husband that we should have raised beds
(about 10 different sizes) in our veggie garden. I had heard that railway
sleepers without being treated by chemical can be a good option. However, I
found that the cheapest one would be ¢G22.0 each (not included VAT and
delivery). In the same website, crossing timber is mentioned, only ¢G3.50
each. Would anyone tell me the difference between them?

With regards,
CK
(Please reply to the group only)

I used scaffolding planks. They are 12 foot long so I used two and one
cut up for each of my beds. I treated them with the special tinted wood
treatment. Worked fine and they aren't as heavy as sleepers.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph